Cheers from E6 Solutions! May the new year bless you with health, wealth, and happiness.
Maker’s® Maple Old Fashioned
Sweet and strong with touches of citrus, the Old Fashioned never really gets old. This isn’t to say a new spin on the old classic isn’t in order now and then. Maple syrup gives this version some rich sweetness and depth. A cinnamon stick adds a scent of baking spice.
- 2 parts Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1/4 part maple syrup (or to taste)
- 2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Fresh grated cinnamon
- Orange peel and cinnamon stick for garnish
Non-alcoholic Old Fashioned
From How to Be Sober and Keep Your Friends by Flic Everett: “This is a remarkably delicious, alcohol-free version of a simple whisky cocktail, to be drunk in stately homes at Christmas, as you squabble over the inheritance. (Or in your living room, watching TV – it works either way.)”
- Strip of lemon peel (yellow part only)
- 50ml non-alcoholic distilled spirit, such as Seedlip
- ½ tsp caramel syrup
- 2 drops Angostura bitters (or use non-alcoholic bitters). …Angostura bitters are alcoholic – but barely, as you are using such a small amount.
Non-alcoholic Old Fashioned with Coffee and Maple Syrup
This version is a little more complicated but sounds yummy!